GRADE 11- Week: 5-Period: 15
UNIT 2: RELATIONSHIPS
LESSON: READING 2
“Please help me”
Act.1. (2.p.22.textbook) An advice column in a newspaper offers help to readers when they are in trouble. Read the column and match the readers’ names with their problems.
1.b - Van Ha: My friend betrayed my trust.
2.c - Quang Nam: I don't have friends.
Act.2. Read the text again. Decide whether the statements are True or False.
1. Ha has many friends at school.
2. Ha’s counsellor isn’t sympathetic with her feelings.
3. In Nam’s class, the girls and boys generally get on well with each other.
4. According to the counsellor, there’s nothing Nam can do to solve his current problem.
1. F (has à doesn’t have)
2. F (isn’t à is)
4. F (nothing à something)
Act.3. (4.p.23.textbook) Read the newspaper column again and answer the questions.
- They are close friends.
- Ha told Hoa about her depression and her intention to drop out of school.
- Because Hoa promised to keep Ha's story secret, but then she told the teacher about it.
- No. She tries to explain why Hoa told the teacher about Ha's problem, and advises Ha to talk to Hoa again.
- He thinks he is short and fat, and girls don't find him attractive.
- Because Nam does not have a good relationship with the girls in his class.
- The counsellor advises Nam to focus on his studies, become an excellent student and learn how to start a friendly conversation with his classmates.
Act.4. (5.p.23.textbook) If you were the counsellor in charge of the advice column, what would you advise Ha and Nam to do? Discuss with a partner.
1. Write a paragraph (60 words) to give your own advice on Ha or Nam’s problem.
2. Do exercises 1 + 2 + 3 + 4/ page 24 – textbook (Lesson: Listening)
Notes: (Lesson: Listening)
- psychologist (n) /saɪˈkɒl.ə.dʒɪst/ : nhà tâm lý học
- guest speaker (n) /ɡest ˈspiː.kɚ/: khách mời
- oppose (v) /əˈpəʊz/: phản đối
- suffer (+ from) (v) /ˈsʌf.ɚ/ : chịu đựng
- break-up (n) /breɪk ʌp/ : sự đổ vỡ, chia tay
- respectful (a) /rɪˈspekt.fəl/: biết tôn trọng
* Link: https://vietjack.com/tieng-anh-11-moi/unit-2-listening.jsp